Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun Food Chains

When I Googled "food chain," I got all sorts of hits for children explaining what a food chain is and some offering games that show how food chains work.  Most were pretty bloody, but accurate.

My favorite graphic for food chains, however, is the one on the left from what looks like a school worksheet entitled "Food Chains and Food Webs."  I love the zebras running the opposite way the lions are facing.  Go, zebras!

And just like in my book, the race is on.  Neither will prevail, because to do so would mean the extinction of one of the groups--lions or zebras.  So even though there is a food chain, it's a balanced system, hence the pyramid and not a lopsided weight scale.

Oh, yes, and for those really excited about worksheets, there's even a Food Chain Quiz that one can take at the site.

No comments: