Sunday, August 4, 2013

Phew! Done with the Second Round of Queries

So after spending my free time in July with a list of paranormal review sites and a query letter-ish document, I ended up sending 96 queries to working sites which accepted new writers' queries, self-published authors' queries, and were working sites (had published an article within the last few days of when I was querying).

Having been a book publicist before and being a self-published author of one (count it--ONE, ha-ha-ha!) book, I didn't expect much, but I must admit I did expect more.  How many responses did I get?  Uh, five.  (Well, at least The Count won't have trouble counting the responses either.)

All this means that
And there it is.  The big publicity push.  True, I could pay upwards of $100 for book tours and other publicity, but I really wonder if any of it works.  All I really want is for readers to read my book.  I know, an odd but honest request.

In the meantime, I'm writing book two (Devil's Food) and keeping up with my reviews for AAR (www.likesbooks.com) and Booklist (www.booklistonline.com), so I've got more than enough to do.

Oh, yes, and in the meantime, I'm also adding all the books I've reviewed and links to reviews to both Goodreads and Shelfari.

No comments: